Capital Campaign Fundraiser/Executive Director, America’s Credit Union Museum, Manchester, NH
America’s Credit Union Museum in Manchester, NH, is about to embark on an historic capital campaign and is looking for a Fundraiser and Executive Director for this venture. During the period of the Legacy Campaign which will run from hire until 2017, the primary focus of the position will be on fundraising within the national credit union movement. The Capital Campaign will expand the current Museum to create a research library, expand exhibit space, improve conference facilities, and fund the Museum’s continued operations. The secondary role of Fundraiser is the Executive Directorship for the Museum.
The Credit Union journey began as a vision of cooperation over 100 years ago, and the Museum – on the actual site of the first credit union in the nation back in 1908 – embodies that journey. In addition to celebrating the remarkable efforts of the people who built the credit union movement over the past 100 years, the Museum plays a leading role in documenting today's achievements.
America's Credit Union Museum is where the history of the credit union movement lives on. It is the only institution that collects, archives, preserves, and displays evidence of the credit union roots. It cares for and makes accessible to this generation and all generations to come, real examples of values, philosophy, struggles, and successes of credit unions.
We begin this search for a most unique individual whom we would like identified and hired by the beginning of September. Qualifications for this individual include the following:
- Proven experience in planning, leading, and executing a successful capital campaign
- Outstanding presentation, communication, and sales/development skills
- At ease in presenting to both large audiences and small groups of potential donors
- Ability to travel around the country to major credit union events to fundraise
- Experience in a small museum or other non-profit, mission-driven organization
- Management expertise to oversee a Museum Administrator who will provide support as well as maintain the Museum schedule
- A Bachelor’s degree in communications, business, or related field
The ideal candidate will not only have all the above talents and experiences, but hopefully a passion for the credit union movement! For further information on the Museum, visit www.acumuseum.org.
Interested? Then we would love to hear from you! Please send resume and cover letter explaining your interest in the position to email@example.com or fax your resume to Beverly Purtell at (508) 481-3586. (Posted 6-27-14)