Accounting Manager, Athol Credit Union, Athol, MA
Athol Credit Union is seeking an Accounting Manager, reporting to the Treasurer/CFO, who will be responsible for overseeing the Deposit Operations Department of the credit union.
Athol Credit Union is a state-chartered, community based credit union located in Central Massachusetts. Established in 1930, we have been in business for over 80 years. Our field of membership encompasses: Hampshire, Franklin, and parts of Worcester County. Our focus is on growing our presence within our field of membership while offering our current members the best products and services. We are looking for a dynamic new member for our dedicated team of employees who has an equal passion for the credit union movement.
Reporting to the Treasurer/CFO, the Accounting Manager will be responsible for overseeing the Deposit Operations Department of the credit union. This includes:
• Supervising a staff of three, to include: hiring, training, mentoring, coaching, and annual evaluation.
• Conducting weekly staff meetings to address training and workflow issues.
• Measuring capacity within the team and working with others within the credit union to improve overall efficiencies.
• Preparing and reviewing month-end general ledger processing and account reconciliation.
• Managing the daily liquidity position of the credit union.
• Auditing security reports for Bank Secrecy Act compliance.
• Collecting on overdrawn checking accounts.
• Remitting to FHLB and FNMA and reconciling custodial accounts.
• Participating in ongoing disaster recovery testing.
• Preparing the quarterly 5300 Call Report for NCUA.
• Preparing various month-end and quarter-end reports for the Board of Directors and regulators.
• Working with external auditors and examiners to review the financial records of the credit union.
• Developing internal programs, policies, and procedures.
• Assisting in the annual preparation of the budget.
• Participating in the strategic planning and goal setting for the credit union.
Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years experience required. Knowledge of accounting principles and general ledger processing is a must. Proficiency in Microsoft products is needed. Organization and leadership skills are also requirements. AAP certification is desirable.
Credit Unions are not-for-profit financial service institutions that exist to serve their members (customers). The person who fills this role for us will have some combination of credit union or banking experience, the desire to promote the credit union philosophy, along with the ability to develop new business. In addition, this candidate must have excellent communication skills at all levels.
Interested? Then we would love to talk to you. Send your resume with cover to Gina Maroni, Treasurer/CFO at: firstname.lastname@example.org or: Athol Credit Union, 513 Main Street, Athol, MA 01331 ATTN: Gina M. Maroni. (Updated 5-12-14)