RESEARCH AND COMPLIANCE RESOURCES
As part of the nation's financial services industry, credit unions are subject to a vast number of laws, regulations and administrative directives. These rules are issued by a variety of government entities some of which are operating under the authority of state government and others under federal agencies.
Successful credit unions must have access to the most current developments in the law and integrate those developments into their policies and procedures. The League has a variety of resources available to assist member credit unions to understand these obligations.
Credit union staff may call the Credit Union Center at 1-800-842-1242 and address their compliance related questions to League staff.
- InfoSight is a completely web-based resource that gives New Hampshire Credit Union League-affiliated state and federally chartered credit unions a place to go to learn more about complying with the numerous state and federal laws and regulations that affect a credit union's business affairs.
- InfoSight gives credit unions immediate and easy access to a wide variety of topics.
- InfoSight has easy-to-read compliance summaries, checklists, direct links to laws and regulations, frequently asked questions, and links to additional important resources.
- InfoSight is the first and only online compliance resource to include both federal and state specific compliance information.
- InfoSight is designed to address the hot compliance topics of the day. New topics and features will be added on a regular basis.
- InfoSight is brought to you as a dues-supported resource of the New Hampshire Credit Union League and its partners in this effort.
(If you are not registered to use InfoSight, you will have the opportunity to register for a password when you click on the link.)
Credit Union PolicyPro Operations Policy Manual
- Specific to credit unions
- Researched and written by experts
- Secure, Web-based platform with instant worldwide access
- Policy statements combined into a single, searchable volume
- Designed for federal regulatory compliance
- Supports NCUA Examiner requirements of “safety and soundness”
- Policies may be easily customized, modified, added or replaced
Click here to visit the CU PolicyPro registration page
Compliance Connection (monthly)
The League is committed to providing comprehensive and timely compliance information to member credit unions, and one of the most important means of accomplishing this goal is Compliance Connection. This publication affords us the opportunity to highlight the most important federal and state legislative and regulatory developments for affiliated credit unions.
In order to facilitate rapid delivery, this publication is delivered electronically. If you would like to add staff members to the e-mail distribution list or would like to change your e-mail address, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
detailing the changes that you would like to see made. Compliance Connection
is available to all of our League-affiliated credit unions.
This archive is a part of the League InfoSight and a password is required to gain access. (If you are not registered to use InfoSight, you will have the opportunity to register for a password when you click on the link.)
Compliance InfoSight Newsletter (weekly)
CUNA's e-Guide to Federal Laws and Regulations is an electronic compliance resource provided free of charge to affiliated credit unions and leagues as one of the many benefits of belonging to CUNA. CUNA Regulatory Affairs staff monitors regulatory changes on a daily basis, and update the e-Guide whenever necessary to reflect the most current information available. (Password Protected: League affiliated credit unions are entitled access to all “Member Areas” of CUNA’s website. To obtain a login ID and password visit http://www.cuna.org/sign_up.html and complete the “CUNA Web Access Application Form”. Affiliated credit unions will be required to supply their CUNA ID number to complete the process.)
The Compliance Network came about as the result of grassroots efforts by credit union employees who were looking for a way to connect with each other in a professional but informal setting to discuss compliance issues and interests. The Network’s purpose is to allow members to share best practices, discuss common issues, make new contacts, keep pace with the changing framework of credit union regulatory compliance and build relationships with other compliance officers who face the same workday, operational and strategic challenges.
Throughout the course of a year, the Compliance Network will sponsor educational events on compliance related topics that feature guest speakers who are experts in their fields. These educational events are typically limited to Compliance Network member credit unions but occasionally will be open to a broader audience as a Network-sponsored event. Compliance Network members will be notified via ComplianceNet, our dedicated list-serve, regarding programs offered exclusively to members of the Network.
Membership in the Network is by credit union, not by individual. This structure allows a credit union to vary the individuals participating in or attending a program, or network meeting, based upon the subject matter.
- Member driven programs and meetings
- Professional growth
- Networking opportunities
- Group Meetings
- Network List-Serve - The Compliance Network List-Serve allows members to communicate with each other individually or as a group to ask questions, share information and discuss issues.
For more information contact Charlotte Whatley, Director, Research & Compliance Information at 800-842-1242 or via email at email@example.com